Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sew Easy how to's

Have you seen the Sew Easy tool? It's sew easy to use (terrible pun, sorry) and you can change designs in seconds. If you hate dragging out the sewing machine and even if you are not a enthusiastic stitcher, you will love this. It's now available at my2angels in the haberdashery section.

First, here is a layout where I used the tool and some of the new wonderful cherry blossoms.


The background is Prima Songbird Lineage (back & front) cut like this: 

and glued together with a strip of Sunrise. I used the Sew Easy tool to stitch the scallops with - you guessed it - the scallop head (more about this below) and a little bit of cotton lace.


 The new tangerine cherry blossoms, roses and rose buds match the Songbird papers perfectly. That colour is just divine.


 There is also an upside-down Charming Bouquet


If you don't know how easy it is to attach a rhinestone word, please have a look here for all the tricks.

But back to the Sew Easy tool!

First, you will need the tool (duh) and a squishy mat. I've been told that a mouse pad works, but I haven't tried. It's hard enough getting a go on our computer without trying to steal the mouse pad...

The tool comes with a head that makes straight lines. (I used that to make some perforated lines for the tickets on the layout above.)
That's alright, but what we really want is something cool. So get yourself another head, like this heart one. Twist the boring one off and twist the cool one on. Now get your piece of paper, pop it on the squishy mat and start rolling.


You'll need a bit of pressure and I don't think you should go through more than 2 layers of paper (try it on a scrap first!) You now have a cool design, ready to stitch.
If it hasn't punched the holes all the way through (thick paper might need this), go over it with a pokey tool.


 At the back of the handle is a little compartment for needles. I think it even comes with one, but don't take my word for it. I keep all my embroidery needles in there now.


 Use 2 or 3 strands of embroidery cotton and start stitching. I'm a bit lazy and I do a running stitch one way...


... and fill in the gaps with a running stitch on the way back. Too easy.


 So here is my completed row of hearts... 


... and I quickly made it into a card with a few leftovers, some bakers twine and a sweet little charm.



And there you have it. Give it a go, it's a great tool and you'll be stitching away in no time, with your friends thinking you've slaved for hours. Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. looks too easy for me Geli LMAO...thanks I like the lazy way to sew too :)

    ReplyDelete