Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cork boards as Christmas pressies

Wendy from WOW had put up some awesome cork boards she made for her kids' teachers here and I wanted to do something like it for my teachers too. It'd be a good last minute Christmas present too, if you're looking for ideas.

I couldn't find the right sized cork board, so I made my own. At a cheap shop I bought 3 document frames, about A4 ($2.50 each) and 6 sheets of cork ($2.50 for 2). I took off the glass, glued 2 cork sheets on the backing cardstock and glued on all papers and decorations with Helmar glue. I used the vintage school paper from Graphics45, available at My2Angels. The vintage look goes so great with the cork.


 


The papers I used are:

Here are some details:
(I love this stuff!!!):


a handmade flower with a skeleton leaf:


some orchids:


another handmade flower:


sweet little apple charm:


and yet another handmade flower (I was on a roll) 
with leaves and a felt heart:


So, if you are still looking for some Christmas pressies to make, try some cork boards!

1 comment: