Thursday, December 1, 2011

Almost a Christmas baby

Here's some fun for the WOW blog post today.
A few (not too many) years ago there was an empty little cot under the Christmas tree. I was due on Christmas Day, but thankfully I was 2 weeks late. So I am "almost a Christmas baby".


The photo is really sweet and soft and the beautiful filigree chipboard tree matched perfectly. 


A pretty little chippie like this doesn't need too much embellishing or it'll get overpowered. I simply mounted it on some paper, covered it in white crackle paint and added a few highlights with Perfect Pearls: 


The star got the glamour treatment with red glitter all over it. A charm sits on top: 


The "Funky Christmas" title suits that 70ies feel just fine (yes, I am thatold): 


I painted it white, inked the edges and outlined it roughly with a pen:


 And finished it off with some bootie charms: 


I have loved Christmas ever since!
Geli

2 comments:

  1. LOve that photo Geli.. so cute and wonderful.. oh and how exciting and nerve racking that christmas would've been......

    lovin your work..happy days...

    ReplyDelete