Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Moritzburg


Moritzburg is the gorgeous hunting castle of the kings of Saxony, right in the middle of a lake and it's close to where my parents live and where I grew up. I've been there so many times, bike riding, ice-skating, drawing, visiting festivals and the local zoo of native forest animals. Plus, every visitor we ever had got to see it too. This place is very dear to me.



Here is my layout:


I've got to use my new edge punches by Martha Steward. I think I might get addicted to the lace edge. The tree is a laser-cut acrylic tree by Kutalicious, owned by a couple of very sweet local ladies. It comes in various finishes, but I used a clear one and added Crocopaint on the back to give it a bark-like look:



 I was going to use some doileys but I think most of my class ladies are doileyed-out and so I opted for a little stamping on vellum. I wanted to get that old-fashioned soft look.



The layout was inspired by a sketch from My Creative Scrapbook.

Class times for this layout are:
Tue Nov.9 at 10am
Thu Nov. 11 at 6pm
Fri Nov. 12 at 10am

2 comments:

  1. love this Geli, that tree looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Kim it is ALL awesome! even better and more colourful and creative IRL :) cant wait to do this one in class tomorrow Geli xx

    ReplyDelete